Current Students

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program Requirements

Current graduate students are responsible for adhering to the policies set forth by individual departments at the University of Utah. Please review our Graduate Handbook for policies and procedures in Mechanical Engineering.

Tuition Benefit Program

Thesis and Dissertation Forms

Graduate Student Travel Assistance Award

Recommendation for Change of Graduate Classification

Notification of Graduate Credit for BS/MS Program

Undergraduate Petition for Graduate Credit

Transfer Credit Authorization Form

Request for Statement of Degree Completion

Request for Leave of Absence

  • Request for Leave of Absence (Registrar)
    • Required for any fall or spring semesters that you don’t register
    • Must be signed by committee chair/advisor
    • Must be typed – handwritten forms will not be accepted
    • International students must take additional steps to avoid falling out of visa status

Application for Graduation

Petition for Consideration of Exception to Policy

If you have any other questions, please contact the Graduate Advisor.